Home Study Courses
Educational Objectives: The educational objectives for the following home study courses is to provide one on one mentoring and tutorial guidance to the student as they proceed though the various course(s).
Target Audience: The courses are designed for students in mental health fields who are functioning at a masters level and above, to enhance their knowledge in the articulated content areas.
Distance Learning Course Fee is $5.00 per contact hour.
Distance Learning Coordinator and Credentials
Franklin Takei has a Ph.D. in Philosophy. He is currently retired, after teaching on the under-graduate and graduate levels, both full and part time, for more than forty years. Frank has been a student of C. G. Jung for many years. More recently, he has followed and embraced the newer interpretations of Jung that reflect a strong evolutionary perspective. As Distance Learning Coordinator, he offers his wide expertise on various subjects that are related to the MARI.
List of Courses Available for Home Study
If you would like an expanded list of course descriptions, please CLICK HERE.
COURSES RELATED TO THE MARI
1. Joan Kellogg, Mandala: Path of Beauty, 5 hours
2. Theodor Abt, Introduction to Picture Interpretation: According to C. G. Jung, 9 hours
3. Philosophical Visions of Reality and the Stages of Human Development, based on Joan Kellogg, Mandala: Path of Beauty, Anthony Stevens, On Jung, Konstantin Kolenda, Philosophy’s Journey, selection from Plato, The Republic, 15 hours
STUDIES OF CARL GUSTAV JUNG
4. Carl Gustav Jung, Analytical Psychology: Its Theory and Practice, 18 hours
5. Violet S. deLaszlo, The Basic Writings of C.G. Jung, 44 hours
6. Anthony Stevens, On Jung, 25 hours
7. Anthony Stevens, Archetypes: A Natural History of the Self, 29 hours
8. June Singer, Boundaries of the Soul: The Practice of Jung’s Psychology, 41 hours
9. Graham Dunstan Martin, Shadows in the Cave: Mapping the Conscious Universe, 18 hours
STUDIES IN MYTHOLOGY
10. Joseph Campbell, The Hero with a Thousand Faces, 29 hours
11. Mircea Eliade, Cosmos and History: The Myth of the Eternal Return, 11 hours
STUDIES IN SCIENCE AND EVOLUTION
12. Fritjof Capra, The Turning Point: Science, Society and the Rising Culture, 36 hours
13. Ernst Mayr, One Long Argument: Charles Darwin and the Genesis of Modern Evolutionary Thought, 13 hours
STUDIES IN TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY
14. Brant Cortright, Psychotherapy and Spirit: Theory and Practice of Transpersonal Psychotherapy, 19 hours
15. Ken Wilber, No Boundary: Eastern and Western Approaches to Personal Growth, 13 hours
STUDIES IN PHILOSOPHY
16. Robert Pirgsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values, 40 hours
STUDIES IN THE MAJOR RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD
17. Huston Smith, The World’s Religions: Our Great Wisdom Traditions, 35 hours
18. Swami Prabhvananda, The Spiritual Heritage of India, 30 hours
19. Richard Robinson, Willard Johnson, The Buddhist Religion: A Historical Introduction, 29 hours
20. Laurence G. Thompson, Chinese Religion: an Introduction, 9 hours
21. Robert Goldenburg, The Origins of Judaism, 16 hours
22. Roland Bainton, Christianity, 11 hours
23. Fazlur Rahman, Islam, 9 hours
24. Sam Gill, ‘The Primitive,’ 9 hours
25. Huston Smith, Forgotten Truth: The Common Vision of the World’s Religions, 12 hours
Instructions for Completing the Home Study and Online course work and earning hours
The student will contact Dr. Takei, via e-mail through this web site, indicating the course(s) they wish to take.
A syllabus will be sent via e-mail -or hard copy – as requested to the student. The syllabus will contain the directions for course study and the questions to be answered. The student will be awarded a Certificate upon completion of the course which indicates the number of hours obtained.
Payment will be made in two parts -50% when the course is half completed and 50% when the course is completed.
The cancellation/refund policy: A full refund, minus a $10.00 processing fee will be returned to a student who, for whatever reason decides within the first month, not pursue the course work.